Ultimate-Ukulele
Want to Register? It's free! And no e-mail activation required!

Ultimate-Ukulele
Want to Register? It's free! And no e-mail activation required!

Ultimate-Ukulele
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate-Ukulele

The ultimate ukulele forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Ukulele suggestions?

Go down 
+5
SUPBRO
TinkerBell34
Bobby
Toohkey
MrUkuleleCrazy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MrUkuleleCrazy

New Ukulele suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey I want to begin playing the Ukulele but I don't know what kind I should get. I have a spending limit of $200. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good beginner ukulele? I don't know if this forum has a lot of members yet but if someone reads this please help. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Toohkey

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:06 pm

MrUkuleleCrazy wrote:
Hey I want to begin playing the Ukulele but I don't know what kind I should get. I have a spending limit of $200. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good beginner ukulele? I don't know if this forum has a lot of members yet but if someone reads this please help. Thanks

I would suggest either buying a Kala or Martin brand ukulele. They both have good beginner ukes as well as professional ukes. I have a Kala myself and I absolutely love it!
Back to top Go down
Bobby
Owner
Owner
Bobby

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 pm

This thread is being moved to the "Purchasing Tips" forum. And welcome to Ultimate-Ukulele! Have fun!

Sincerely,
Bobby
Back to top Go down
TinkerBell34
TinkerBell34

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:53 pm

I want a Kala sooo bad!! I'm thinking about getting one that looks likes Bobby's in his picture:)
Back to top Go down
SUPBRO
SUPBRO

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:26 pm

I have a Kamaka Tenor. They sound so nice! But they are quite expensive. I got mine for about $350. But it was so worth it.
Back to top Go down
Shane
Administrator
Administrator
Shane

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:36 pm

I'd have to agree with the Kala/Martin suggestion. I happen to know that Bobby's Kala plays amazing and my guitar is a Martin and I love it to death. Make sure you play some different brands before you make your decision though.
Back to top Go down
Kanaka916
Kanaka916

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:34 pm

MrUkuleleCrazy wrote:
You didn't state your location. Are you buying online or a store in your vicinity. You also have to decide what size uke you want. Kala & Lanikai have some very good instruments in that price point.
Back to top Go down
MrUkuleleCrazy

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm located in California. I think I might go down to Guitar Center to see what they have.
Back to top Go down
Kanaka916
Kanaka916

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:24 pm

MrUkuleleCrazy wrote:
I'm located in California. I think I might go down to Guitar Center to see what they have.
GC carries some ukes, but I don't remember what brands . . . Fender, Oscar Scmidt, Lanikai, Ibanez, Cordoba and all stores do not carry the same items. Here's a link to California Stores. Maybe you can find one close to you.
Back to top Go down
MrUkuleleCrazy

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:55 pm

Awesome! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
molokinirum
molokinirum

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Yes also consider Lanikai. I know GC carries Lanikai ukes! Kala is also a great first uke, you really can not go wrong with either one!
Back to top Go down
Kanaka916
Kanaka916

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:19 pm

molokinirum wrote:
Yes also consider Lanikai. I know GC carries Lanikai ukes! Kala is also a great first uke, you really can not go wrong with either one!
We gotta quit meeting like this . . . lol!
Back to top Go down
molokinirum
molokinirum

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:29 pm

LOL...you right brah!!!
Back to top Go down
808boy
808boy

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 am

Aloha,
Don't about you guys but I'm not impressed with the people at GC when it comes to ukes. Guitars they know all about, ukes, they will sell you anything just to make the sale, even a Mitchell. That's the experience I had watching a lady buying a uke for her son whom both of them didn't know anything about the uke and relied on the sales person..........just saying... ...................BO...................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ukulele suggestions?   New Ukulele suggestions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ukulele suggestions?
Page 1 of 1